The loose goals of my two month trip are to visit as many of those States I have not previously been to and learn a lot more about the country.
My very vague itinerary is as follows:
New York > Ohio > Michigan > Indiana > Iowa > South Dakota > North Dakota > Montana > Idaho > Washington > Oregon …..
….. and then I’ll figure out how to get back.
To all that I am setting myself some basic Road Rules:
- Travel via Blue Highways as far as possible.
- Milk the Irish thing for everything it’s worth.
- Find Movie & Book related locations and independent Bookstores.
- Avoid big cities (except Nashville!).
- Maximum of two nights per location.
- Keep my opinions to myself (the toughest of rules).
- See as much live music as possible.
- Eat only in “Where are you from, Buddy?” locations. No Fast Food.
- Plan & Book travel Day by Day.
- Talk to every Tom, Dick & Harry along the way.